International Institute of Risk and Safety Management
77 Fulham Palace Road
Telephone: 020 8741 9100
IIRSM is a professional membership body that provides recognition, information, support and enhancement for health and safety professionals and specialist members related to the health and safety field.
The International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM) were established in 1975 as a professional body for health and safety practitioners. It was created to advance professional standards in accident prevention and occupational health throughout the world.
Over the last three decades, IIRSM has grown from a collective group of UK health and safety professionals to a thriving International Institute spanning over 70 countries.
The Institute’s main objective is to advance public education in accident prevention and occupational health in industry. To achieve this, the Institute:
- Promotes research into accident prevention and occupational health and publishes the results;
- Encourages individuals to adopt health and safety best practice and help prevent accidents;
- Advises anyone entering the health and safety field to undertake training and obtain professional qualifications;
- Exchanges information with equivalent bodies throughout the world
- Promotes thought leadership through collaboration in with universities in teaching and research; and
- Provides opportunities for knowledge transfer through programmes of technical forums and technical publications.